3

Updates......

I know that there are a few of you out there that actually read my blog and are my friends on Facebook. So, I thought instead of typing out a huge status update on Facebook I'd do it here! More appropriate on the blog, right? Yes.

I've finally finished up all of my infertility work-up tests to determine why I'm not getting pregnant. They have discovered that I have PCOS (which I already discussed), hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid), metabolic syndrome (caused by the pcos) and higher LDL cholesterol (also a result of the pcos).
Luckily I don't have the insulin resistance that is also associated with PCOS, so praise God for that! What I do have is answers! Answers!!! Praise God for answers!!! I've been waiting so long to hear the things that I've suspected all along, but I'm not a doctor so I can't make a diagnosis.

So, where do I go from here? I have had to make good, positive changes in my life like right away! When I got the results from Dr. Hudson about my situation, I have to say I was less than thrilled. I mean I spent that whole day pretty much crying. Crying? Why? Well, my emotions are raw and all I want is to be healthy and whole.....I'm not healthy though and that needs to change....quickly! So, I started to make those changes straight away! Last week I started a diet that is PCOS and cholesterol friendly and I joined a gym on top of my ballet classes that I do 2-3 times a week. Oh, by the way, I'm going to be in a recital in May! Ha! Isn't that funny/exciting? Maybe I'll be pregnant by then? Hmmmm.......we shall see. Oh and the Dr. started me on a low dose of Synthroid which is for my lazy thyroid.

I'm due for a follow-up in April and they will re-assess my health at that point. All I know is that I feel very positive about my situation. I feel that what's going on with me is a wake-up call to get healthy and not just get pregnant. I don't want to be in the shape that I'm in right now and be pregnant, that isn't fair to my child. I know that pregnancy can happen at any given time and I am open to whenever God chooses that time for me, but while I'm waiting, you will find me eating right or on the elliptical machine at Spectrum!

I promise to keep posting about my progress and such!

SJR

3 comments:

daniella said...

Sorry to hear about your health, but I can imagine that you have some sort of closure and/or relief from knowing that there are medical reasons why you haven't gotten pregnant all this time. Have you asked the Dr why you were able to conceive those two times in 2006 and misscarried?

I've been meaning to tell you something. That day (about a month ago) when you wrote your initial post about what's going on and we facebooked about it, I read something in Bible that gave me major goosebumps.

I've been reading the One Year Bible now for three years. Yes, really embarrasing but reality of life with a toddler and infant. At the beggining of this month (that day when we messaged each other) I read the passages for September 28th (Davey's due date). I just got done praying for you and Matt, then opened to the date. It was from Isaiah 54.

" Sing, O childless woman, you who have never given birth. Break into loud and joyful song, you who have never been in labor. For the desolate woman now has more childern than the woman who lives with her husband", says the Lord. "Enlarge your house;; build an addition. Pread out your home, and spare no expense! FOR YOU WILL SOON BE BURSTING ST THE SEAMS.

I'm pretty sure the Spirit was speaking and translating God's promise for you/on your behalf.

Excited to see God's blessings unfold in your life. Now get dancin'!

P.S. I found the Ballet Magnificat Conditioning DVD with Jiri the other day and did the workout. Good gravey, I was sore for a WEEK!

Sarah Reed said...

I really appreciate and will claim that verse as another one of my life verses for sure! Thanks for praying for me, I really appreciate it more than you will ever know. Going through this is hard, but it will be so worth it. Even if I only have one child after all this, it will be worth it!

The reasons for my 2 miscarriages all ties to what I am going through now, the PCOS and hypothyroidism. It just took this long to find out because I have an awesome Dr/detective! Finally! These two things that I have are huge culprits for early miscarriage in women and highly common problems. The good thing, and I probably should have posted this too, is that my tubes are wide open and my uterus is healthy and in very good shape!

I am praising God for each little victory in this battle. I am so thankful to have the answers, you have no idea! We will see what happens! :-)

I love you, thanks again!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.