1

Kari Jobe

Last night I was driving home from ballet class and I decided that instead of driving in silence, I'd listen to some music. So, I plugged in my ipod and went to the Kari Jobe section of my music. The song that came on I have heard before, but I guess it never fully sunk into my soul like it did last night. The song's title is "You Are For Me" and it talks about how God is on our side; He is for us and not against us.

A lot of times we get caught up in life's problems and sometimes we blame God for them. We start to believe lies that God is "punishing me" or "I've done too much wrong to ever be blessed again" or "How can He continue to love me after what I've done". Those lies take over our mind and we doubt Him and His love. We start to turn God into a human who holds onto grudges and forgives when He's ready. The best thing is GOD ISN'T HUMAN! In I John 4:8 it clearly says that "God is love". To know love is to know God. We can always take God at His word because His word is truth and life. In Romans 8 it says,
"What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us".

I can see it now, Jesus in all His glory is sitting by our Heavenly Father looking at us and our lives pleading and interceding on our behalf. When we feel that we've gone too far, Jesus is on our side. When we feel that His blessings have run out and we've had too many chances, Jesus is our spokesperson! Isn't it good to know that we've got the creator of the universe on our side? Isn't it good to know that His love will never run out because He is love? Yes, it is good! It is very good!

If you've never heard Kari Jobe sing, just prepare yourself for the purest voice of an angel! I hope you enjoy this clip of her singing her song "You Are For Me". Let the words sink into your soul and let God sing His love over you through this message today!

1 comments:

daniella said...

Yesterday morning I was listening to this over and over again. Like a miracle, Charlie stopped playing and whining, came to me and just sat there listened intently and peacefully. Davey started singing along. No joke. It was a blessing.

I remember when you introduced me to this song back in June. It was the only thing (and chomping on ice) that would calm my anxiety and stop my premature contractions. The night I was in labor, I listened to it and hummed it over and over again. It's like, somehow I knew my soul would need it. It's the last thing I remember humming when they put the gas mask on me in the operating room. I didn't get to birth him naturally, even after I labored. But I got a healthy baby boy despite it. Our plans don't always succeed, but God's love for us does.

He is good. Selah.